Tuesday 5 May 2009

Why this blog is called Vraie Fiction

I don't know if this post should be considered a mise en abyme, which is a nice little literary device, but there it is anyway... I said recently that I was in a Summery mood and that the time was getting warmer and sunnier. Well, I was contradicted yesterday, as I wrote in French. But not only this, but what I said on Sunday was not quite true. I presumed it was much hotter, but going out after blogging I discovered that there was a cold wind that made the temperature much cooler than I thought/wanted. So there it is, some of my recent blog entries were not factual. It made me think about the fictitious nature of any sort of autobiography. I did not lie, I just rearranged reality for the sake of a good post (and there was also a good bit of wishful thinking mixed into it). This blog is (partially) an online personal journal, it has also a good share of invention. That said, believe it or not (anymore), the temperature is getting warmer.

No comments: