Monday 22 July 2013

Odin the wandering black cat

Odin the one eyed black cat was back this evening. He was here last week, Monday and Tuesday, he did not show up for the rest of the week, or not that I know anyway. But he was here this evening, I saw him crossing the road from the window, so I rushed downstairs with what was left of tuna. There was actually quite a lot left of tuna. He ate the first bit with good appetite, then I offered him more and he was more hesitant to eat. He was very eager for cuddles though, rubbing himself against me, purring when I stroke him. He has not bit or clawed me once so far. Strange feral cat. More and more I think his name is well deserved: not only does he have one eye, but he has white hairs among his black fur. Odin seems to be an old wanderer, like his namesake.

4 comments:

Gwen Buchanan said...

I think he likes you!!

maybe he is testing out a few new owners.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I'm glad that you and he are friends.

Mantan Calaveras said...

One of my friends has a cat that just had a litter of kittens. Amongst them are two black cats, a boy and a girl. I'm resisting the temptation to adopt one of them.

Guillaume said...

Somehow I think my feline posts are quite popular.