Thursday 10 March 2022

Insey Winsey Spider

 As you may have noticed reading this blog, I have been trying recently to rediscover board games and also get Wolfie interested about them. I say recently, but I have been working on it since his last two birthdays at least. So I bought him this board game, or rather these two board games in one, Insey Winsey Spider. Because he always liked the nursery rhyme and because it's one of these educational board games that encourages numeracy. At first he didn't want to play: his mother gave him her arachnophobia. But a few weeks ago, I was surprised to learn that he had started playing with his mummy. He is naturally good with numbers, so I can understand why he enjoyed it. I hope the game will also cure his and his mummy's fear of spiders.

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I guess I learned the North American terminology for that nursery rhyme/song -- "itsy bitsy spider."