Friday 27 January 2017

Celebrating Mozart

Today is the birthday of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart. My favourite composer, bare none. For his operas mainly, I have to confess. I consider him the greatest opera composer ever, regardless of whatever else he wrote. I celebrate his anniversary every year, mainly by listening to the arias he composed. This year makes it very special, because I have been sharing my love of Mozart with my son. Little Wolfie started knowing Mozart from the cradle, if not the womb. Because the Mozart Effect might be pure urban legend, but why take a chance? So to mark the birthday on the blog, I will share tonight a bit of The Magic Flute, the duet between Papageno and Papagena, which happens to be Wolfie's favourite so far. The "Pa, pa, pa" makes him smile and laugh. A warning: Papagena looks a bit tarty in this one, but Papageno is sang by Simon Keenlyside and I like him.

No comments: