Tuesday 19 September 2017

Liverpool Lime Street Station (a memory)

I took this picture at the National Railway Museum of York. You might think it looks ugly, but I can assure you the original is much uglier. I took this photo not for its aesthetic value, or lack of, but because when I was working in Liverpool, more than ten years ago, this was the station I was going to and from during my commute. Back in the days when I was still a teacher and an academic, this was therefore part of my daily life. We all form weird sorts of attachment regarding elements from a time in our life when we were fond of and this is one of them. Not that I am not happy now, in fact being a father makes me far happier than I ever was, but professionally speaking, my "Liverpool job" as I often call it has been the one I enjoyed the most in all my adult life. And this reminds me of that time.

No comments: