Thursday 1 October 2009

Countdown to Halloween

I took this photo in...August, in the Vieux Montréal (and you can see my reflection). it was in the window of a stationary shop, I thought they were advertising Halloween a bit early, but it is better and less depressing than advertising the return to school. It is always better to be on a festive mood. When I was a child, I used to see the beginning of school year with dread and it is partially why I think I love Halloween so much: it was the first real holiday we had. I was thinking about it early in August and I was preparing myself mentally for it throughout September and October. My brothers and I had our "Halloween games", which I blogged about before. Anyway, now I do not play Halloween games, I am a bit old for that, but I still prepare myself mentally for it: I put Grizelda the witch on display, I started reading ghost/horror stories (I particularly recommend this book) and I will start watching horror movies throughout October. So I'm kind of set.

1 comment:

The Artful Gypsy aka Wendy the Very Good Witch said...

Ha Ha...that's funny. Your reflection looks as though you either have a pumpkin head or that you are holding a pumpkin out in front! Either way...a fun and festive shot! And Grizelda is quite a looker too I might add! :o)
Happy October 1st!