Tuesday, 8 September 2026

First Sign of Halloween

Last Sunday, we went to town. As we were walking on the high street, we saw the window of the local Cancer Research UK shop. And it made me very happy. See for yourself. It's full of pumpkins, leaves, it has a few small Jack O'Lanterns and, well, it's just a great display. The first proper sign of Halloween to come since the beginning of September. I love the attitude: whatever some people may say about autumn starting only with the equinox, the season truly starts with the month of September. And now is not too early for Halloween.

3 comments:

Angie's Recipes said...

It's definitely autumn over here...need a jacket in the early morning when we go out for a walk.

Lowcarb team member said...

I'm always pleased when the 'Ber' months arrive.
Many of the shops have their Autumn and Halloween displays.
Autumn is one of my favorite seasons.

All the best Jan

Lady M said...

I just visited Scotland and was amazed at the Halloween that I saw. The weather is finally getting cool this week here in Colorado.