Friday, 11 September 2026

25 Years of 9/11

In case you haven't noticed, today is the anniversary of 9/11.We tend to forget, what with what is happening in the US or because of the US at the moment, but there you are. Once upon a time, Islamofascism was the greatest threat Western civilisation seemed to have. Nowadays it is still a major threat, mind you, but Christian fundamentalism proved to be at least as dangerous. But I digress. For my memories and thoughts (rambling?) on the subject, read this post from 2008 and that post from 2009. This post from 2024 isn't too bad either. So yes, I commemorate it every year on Vraie Fiction.

2 comments:

Bill said...

I remember when it happened. We were living in Alaska and every airport was closed down. We ended up watching the news all day and being shocked at all the tragedy.

Mary Kirkland said...

It doesn't seem like it was that long ago. I still remember that day.