Saturday 18 November 2023

The "Secret Battle" Game

You may remember before that Wolfie has invented a sort of War Game, which is more a kind of crime/spy thriller. It is very elaborate, you can find the details here. We use many props, I mean toys, mostly but not exclusively toy guns I bought for him at the local toy shop. Like this dangerously genuine looking M4. We did not play much in October, I guess he was like me in a spooky mood, but it is as if he channeled #Noirvember too. That and G.I. Joe, which he discovered recently. Anyway, we played for a good portion of this afternoon, as my wife was away helping her friend preparing her wedding. The game has evolved a bit since. Our nemesis is still King Cobra, who is now a lot like Cobra Commander in mannerism, but we don't play Max and Joe anymore, we are Wolfie(!) and Levi. And the name is no longer "War" but "Secret Battle" for some reason, although there isn't anything really secret about two guys fighting a terrorist organisation with heavy artillery. It is great fun and it sure makes a November afternoon go fast. It reminds me of similar game we used to play, my brother and I, round the same time of year. But I'm sure you could have guessed it already.

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Wolfie and Levi! Who is who?