Monday 6 November 2023

The Third Man for #Noirvember

I have started celebrating #Noirvember with a bang, with The Third Man. Not, not the movie, which I have watched quite a few times including and especially in November, but the book that was written at the same time by Graham Greene. I know the plot, but I don't mind one bit, it's like knowing the taste of a Sachertorte, you read it for the sheer pleasure. It is very fittingly and perfectly Noir. It's a very short one, a novella, so I will need something else soon after. Nevertheless, it is a very strong start for Noirvember. Now I must find suitable films as well.

2 comments:

Alison said...

i haven't heard of Noirvember! Sounds fun. I do know Grahame Greene, though I've only read The Quiet American.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Good choice!