Friday 24 November 2023

Mysterious torch/tuque

We saw this in our street, on the ground. It is a Light Hat Torch. The hat part, the English call it a beanie hat. In Québec, it is a tuque, which sounds way better and somehow fits better. I bought one to my wife a few years ago, as a Christmas present, but it is not this one: my wife's one is pink. This one seems warm enough, but my wife's tuque-torch (or torch-tuque) is a bit on the thin side. I quite like the charcoal grey colour of the lost tuque. It would look if it wasn't so dirty. The torch bit is really useful: it gives a lot of light and it is easy to operate. Moral of the story: this is a real loss for whoever lost it.

3 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Any name other than tuque strikes me as odd and insufficient, lol.

Alison said...

We call this a toque in New Brunswick too. A few of my fellow dog walkers use them now with the darker mornings.

jaz@octoberfarm said...

we always call them tuques and i just bought 3 of these for xmas gifts! they are great for dog walkers!