Saturday 1 July 2023

The War Game

I blogged before about an ongoing police/spy game Wolfie and I have been playing for the last few months. There is a whole drawer in my desk with all the weaponry and equipment we have for it. Well, I don't know if it is me watching Fauda that influenced my son (albeit I swear he did not watch it with me), but he has developed the game in ways that really made me proud. My son has an imagination that even I did not have at his age. And he makes me live a second childhood wiht a vengeance. In fact, I envy his creativity. So here it goes and be warned, it can be quite dark and violent:

-He calls the game War 2, or War.

-We play a special force, a bit like a S.W.A.T. team mixed with military force and we are a bit of a spy team too.

-The team is called Black Whale, don't ask me why. 

-He's the Captain and of course the commanding officer. I'm lieutenant or something.

-He's Max, I'm Joe, but we also have codenames, which change. I think I'm Black Bear or Grumpy Bear, sometimes he's Shark, sometimes he has another codename.

-Our enemy is a terrorist/mob organisation called Phantom. It was called Giant Ghost before, but he thought Phantom sounded scarier, so it changed.

-At the head of Phantom is a sinister and mysterious figure codenamed King Cobra. Real name unknown. He always has a mask covering his face and he is clad in red, "like blood."

The plots are fairly thin so far, they consist of going from A to B in various means of transport (more on that another day) and shooting Phantom mercenaries. We are also trying to discover King Cobra's real identity. There is never a dull moment. Anyway, if you are not bored with it I will blog more about it. I am just very proud of Wolfie's creative mind.

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Maybe Wolfie is destined to be a writer of espionage thrillers.