Tuesday 4 July 2023

Questions about pu'er tea

A few months ago, I watched The Night Agent. It was all right and entertaining enough, if a bit light and derivative. But it got me curious about something. You see, one of the characters drinks pu'er tea. Its virtues are discussed briefly, apparently it keeps one's awake and alert or something. I have seen pu'er, or pu-her, or p'u-erh tea in various businesses, but I don't remember ever trying it. Its mention in the Netflix series got me curious, so I have a few questions, which I have decided to ask on this blog:

-Are there anyone among you, my dear readers, who drink pu'er tea?

-How does it taste?

-What are its virtues? Not the alleged ones, the ones you have experienced, if any.

-Is there a proper way to prepare it and drink it?

-Finally, what's the correct spelling? Pu'er, pu-her, p'u-her tea, or something else entirely?

 Well, that's it for me tonight.

1 comment:

PJ said...

Pu-erh, mais ça fonctionne en français comme en anglais. C'est le vrai thé "noir" chinois (thé sombre/dark tea), alors que le thé noir est un thé "rouge" en chinois. J'en ai, et le goût varie beaucoup d'un thé pu-erh à l'autre (c'est vrai pour tous les thés, chaque "type", vert, noir, blanc, jaune, etc. n'a pas de saveur unique). Il y en a qui sont plus "cacao", d'autre plus terreux. Ce sont des thés qu'on peut infuser longtemps à haute température (contrairement aux thés verts, par exemple, qui devraient être infusé en dessous du point d'ébullition sinon ils deviennent trop amers). Ils peuvent avoir un certain effet physique, on peut être "ivre de thé" avec, c'est un peu dur à décrire.