Sunday 2 July 2023

The Second Cup Loyalty Card

A few days ago, I was tidying up my wallet from all the old cards I could find in it. I made a few interesting discoveries, which I intend to blog about, one post for each. But I will start with this one: I found among them a Second Cup loyalty card. It must be an old one: it's in a very sorry state, all broken on one side and it's one of these cards that must be punched. Like in the old days. It's only been punched twice, probably some coffee I bought for my wife. I really cannot remember for the life of me where I got it. At first I thought maybe in Québec, but it's only in English. So I now suspect it might have been in Cardiff, "only" six years ago. Sitll, the punching seems weird. do they still use it anywhere? That or stamping? Be that as it may, I doubt it is still valid and the nearest Second Cup is kind of far away, so I don't think I will be using it.

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Loyalty cards are one long pain in the butt to cart around.

Alison said...

I culled most of my loyalty cards some time ago. I just wasn't using them.