Monday 3 July 2023

Hedgehogs in Myths and Legends

A few weeks ago, we went to an animal sanctuary/hospital, that takes wounded wildlife animals and try to make them better. They take care of many animals, including hedgehogs. They also have a visitors section that is small, but absolutely packed with goodies. This is where I found this poster about hedgehogs in myths and legends. I don't know if you can read much if you increase the picture's size, but I found it fascinating. Who could suspect that such a small, common creature had such impact on folklore? I guess it makes sense, hedgehogs being familiar animals, they ought to have an impact in collective psyche. I will never look at one the same way.

2 comments:

Alison said...

The hedgehog is the last creature I would associate with myth and legend. Its like trying imagine porcupines in the same way, LOL!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

They're so darn cute!