Monday 31 July 2023

Regional Crime Reads

From time to time, youfind cool freebies in local bookshops. And it's not because they are freebies that they can't be handy. Take this booklet for instance. At first I thought it was an anthology of short stories and I was ready to purchase it. But no: it's promotional material for the work of various crime writers in various parts of the UK, giving samples of one of their novels. I took it because it's a freebie and because I am always looking for quality crime fiction to read. Now I flickered through it and I think already found one or two novels worth buying. Probably for a Noirvember read: I have already started reading horror stories for the countdown to Halloween. But I always prepare crime fiction reads for the rest of the year. My main source of literature.

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I like the term Noirvember.