Wednesday 16 November 2022

Tooth Fairy's Economics

You might be interested to know, but Wolfie has started losing his baby teeth. He lost two so far, one a month ago, one this week. The second one was a bit of an issue, because it bled a bit more, which got him a bit upset. But anyway, that now means he receives money from the Tooth Fairy. Two pounds a tooth, apparently, which I thought was pretty high compared to my youner days. But that is what his dear maternal grandmother told us. Apparently she is in the known. I told her: "So the Tooth Fairy's current exchange rate is £2.00 per baby tooth? Must be inflation." Which I think deserves to be a new great unknown line. Be that as it may, Wolfie had a two pounds coin under his pillow a month ago, then yesterday he got four 50 pences. "So many moneys" as he said. And that's a new Wolfism too.

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Sheesh, yeah -- used to be 25 cents per tooth when I was a kid!