Sunday 2 August 2009

The latest Mozart

I blogged about this piece of news in French not so long ago and now is the time I have been waiting for: two "new" pieces of music from Mozart will be performed in Salzburg today. If I was in Salzburg, I would try to drag my wife along there. But I am not in Salzburg. I have been to Salzburg once, at the time of the 200th anniversary of Mozart's death. I became a big admirer, then I got sick of it, because we were listening to it too much and too often. I grew fond of his music again in my twenties, when I started singing his arias.

You can see/hear here a performance of the piece found in France. I find the performance surreal, closer to a religious experience than a small scale concert of a minor piece of his work. The manuscript is certainly revered like a relic.

1 comment:

The Artful Gypsy aka Wendy the Very Good Witch said...

How nice that you are so well traveled and have experienced so many wonderful things such as this.