Wednesday 24 September 2008

I wish I had learned Italian

This is the kind of event that makes me regret I am only bilingual, and that I did not learned Italian more thoroughly when I had the chance, years ago. I got offered a one-day job today, a company needed right there and then somebody to translate something from Italian to English. Being a tad too far (two hours of commuting, counting the journey from the station to the company), having be advised too late in the day and my command of Italian being way too primitive (that's what happens when you can sing it more than understand it), I was forced to decline. It's a shame, as it would have got me something to do and a bit of pocket money in the meantime. Then again, I wonder if it would have covered travel expenses, but maybe I could have charge them travel expenses (and I did not care as much about travel expenses, I just wanted to get busy doing something else than looking for a job). In the end, I guess I said no because of my very primitive knowledge of Italian. Shame, shame, shame.

No comments: