Wednesday 16 July 2008

Strawberry Jam Recipe

I have discovered recently the Good For You strawberry jam from ASDA, which is absolutely delicious, almost like eating fresh strawberries. It inspired me to write this blog entry (and yes, it's another food entry). This is a childhood classic, a recipe of straberry jam that comes from my dad's side of the family. I still make it today, when I have the right strawberries. They must be ripe and juicy. So here it is.

You will need:
-A bowl
-A fork
-Lots of strawberries
-Sugar

Put the strawberries in the bowl. Pour on a bit of sugar. The juicier the strawberries (like the ones from l'Île d'Orléans) you barely need any sugar. You mash the strawberries with the fork and voilà, you have an instant strawberry jam, that tastes like strawberry and not jam and is lovely to put on toasts. Take my word for it.

2 comments:

Gwen Buchanan said...

This is the way I always have my strawberries.. I just thought of them as mashed strawberries... They are way better than cooked jam... they taste fresh!!

Now it's raspberry season and the first picking will be tomorrow.. can't wait!

Guillaume said...

And I thought I was a weirdo having them this way. Anyway, it tastes great, but in England I had difficulties finding the right strawberries.