Friday 4 July 2008

Henley Amber

I had an Henley Amber, from the Lovibonds Brewery tonight with my meal. It tastes delicious and it accompanies salmon very well. When in doubt, always buy local: it comes from a local brewery. Look at the colour, it's absolutely gorgeous. I much prefer amber beers to blonde ones and I experienced it tonight, as my second beer (for the crisps after the meal) was Fuller's Discovery. Not a bad beer, but after the Henley Amber it just wasn't that great. You can see a picture of my dinner at the bottom right. Yes, it looks a bit small, because it was a bit on the light side and some potatoes or rice would have been in order (I would say couscous or rice, they both go so well with salmon). On the plus side, the salmon was delicious. And don't feel too sorry for me: I had loads of Pringles afterwards, so I didn't starve. After last weekend in Cambridge, I can live with a less indulgent diet.

I haven't written in French all day. Shame on me.

No comments: