Thursday 10 November 2016

All I am going to say about this

Like many people in the world, I was both appalled and disgusted by the election of Donald Trump as the president of the USA. So the US has voted in office a loud mouth, bullying, ignorant, White trash jerk... and partially, for some of the voters, because he was all that. More worryingly, he was backed, and will bring to the White House with him the ultra-religious right, among others his VP, who is by any other name a Christian mollah and even worse than him. Angry, did I say? Outraged, yes. But, I will try not to panic, as a certain David Wong suggested. I do think this is potentially catastrophic news, the free world might not be so free if Trump and his cronies have their way. But like Wong said, we can do something and I remember how I was feeling before 2008 about American politics. It got better. So I will say one thing, from my favourite TV drama The Wire, a quote from Poot I read again today. It is not a fancy analysis, but it sums up my feeling about the whole election: "World going one way, people another yo." You can see the scene in context here. In essence, this is what happens. The US is going another way. Backwards.

1 comment:

jaz@octoberfarm said...

i am so sick about this that i can barely function. it is all just so wrong.