Saturday 9 February 2013

A beard and the passage of time

As I have been on holidays for a week, I have not shaved for a week. I get lazy like this when I am on holidays, especially when they are impromptu. I have therefore an almost fully grown beard. I enjoy having a beard, from time to time, but something struck me: I have a good deal of grey hairs in it. I knew I was greying, but it is always more striking when you can see it in a beard. So my greying beard is my new Memento Mori, just like the anti-wrinkle cream I received for free the last time I bought... after-shave. It does not put me in a foul mood like the free anti-wrinkle cream, which was something offered because I was now labeled as belonging to the market of middle-aged suckers, but still. Bottom line: I am not getting any younger. I still won't shave until tomorrow.

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

That's right, grandpa, do not go gentle into that good night.

Guillaume said...

Hey, I am not geriatric yet.;-)