Friday 1 February 2013

Swaziland currency

Sometimes the most unexpected thing end up in your pocket or, in this case, your (my) wallet. Today I went to the local sweet shop to treat myself with chocolate. I bought one sterling pound worth of chocolates. When I gave (what I thought was) the sterling pound coin to complete the purchase, the girl at the till told me it was not a sterling pound coin. In fact, it was a coin from Swaziland. Today I knew nothing about the country and now I have a coin from it. I will keep it as a lucky charm.

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Perhaps you suffered a temporary amnesia blackout and went to Swaziland on a crazy caper, coming back with that coin in your pocket. Can you account for all the past few days?

Cynthia said...

It's such a small country, funny that it made it all the way to England!