Sunday 13 July 2008

I want to see Ireland again

We just watched the last few minutes of Countryfile, a BBC program. The journalist was in Tory Island, it seemed like such a lovely place. Small, lonely, in the middle of nowhere, probably cold every time of year, but still lovely. They had a Labrador dog that was swimming with a dolphin in the bay. It was just idyllic. I have been to Ireland only once, more than eight years ago, I have been missing it since then. I have only been to Dublin for a week, I might as well say that I didn't see Ireland at all. There is a special connection I feel with the Irish people, something to do with their climate and Catholicism I think. I always had the feeling that they were Quebeckers who didn't speak French, or that we were French speaking Irish. The last one must be more appropriate, as they are a much older people than we are.

No comments: