Wednesday, 7 October 2026

Archive 81

Okay, I am blogging a lot today, so this is my second post in English for the countdown to Halloween. The first one is here, and I have two more in French. I have a lot to blog about and so little time. Anyway, for those who have some time and like to watch more cerebral horror, I have a suggestion: Archive 81. It's a TV series on Netflix of eight episodes, slow pace (in the best way), very atmospheric and has very Lovecraftian influences. It also draws strongly on Rosemary's Baby and The Exorcist. It's about Dan Turner, a conservator who is asked to restore tapes that have been damaged in the 1994 fire of an apartment building in New York called the Visser. The tapes have been made by Melody, a grad student doing a documentary project who disappeared in the fire. So we follow both Dan's and Melody's investigation, which reveals a cult, some very unsettling characters and maybe a demonic entity. I don't want to give more away, but what I love about it is how you are drawn into the story. It's deeply unsettling diabolically efficient. It's so far my best horror discovery this year and I strongly recommend it.

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Enjoy! Horror is not my cup of tea.

Lady M said...

Oooh - sounds creepy.