I have a lot to blog about this month, so you may forgive me to write another post for the countdown to Halloween. I would like to give a reading suggestion for your spooky nights, as well as sharing a memory with you. You know I love reading H.P. Lovecraft, I always include some of his stories in my Halloween reads. I started reading him to get myself inspiration for the role-playing game Call of Cthulhu. I blogged in 2022 about the first story I read of him. The second story I read of him was Dagon, on Halloween night 1993. Right before bed, in fact. It's still one of my favourite. It's about a mariner in World War 1, escaping capture from the Germans on a lifeboat, who finds a strange island and a monolith, and witnesses a sea creature getting out of the water and hugging the monolith. The apparition terrifies the mariner, who goes back to his boat and turns mad. I don't want to give more away, but the ending is just so perfect. You can read it here. I suggest you do it during daytime perhaps, because you might not sleep so well afterwards.
Log Cabin Quilt Top
4 months ago


No comments:
Post a Comment