Sunday 24 September 2023

"Autunno" by Vivaldi

It is officially autumn everywhere now since yesterday, nobody can think otherwise. And I want to share some autumn music with you my readers. I may not be original, but I am sharing today the autumn concerto of The Four Seasons by Antonio Vivaldi. You will notice subtitles in the video: they are taken from a sonnet written 300 years ago and they pretty much explain what the music represents. You don't really need them to ppreciate, but I thought it was interesting.

3 comments:

jaz@octoberfarm said...

i love this piece. thanks for the reminder, i think i will listen to this when i am cooking this morning!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

First time I've ever see subtitles to orchestral music!

Alison said...

I like a bit of Vivaldi too. I'm currently listening to Bach for the lute played by the late Mario D'Agosto.