Thursday, 1 October 2026

Countdown to Halloween!

 It is the first of October, therefore the Countdown to Halloween has officially begun! To say that I love this time of year is an understatement. Vraie Fiction will be exclusively focused on my favourite holiday for the rest of the month, I will post about all its aspects, but especially its spooky nature. Expect to read about a number of scary stories or tropes of scary stories. If you are curious, this picture was taken two weeks ago or so at the Cancer Research UK shop of Wallingford. I just loved the display, so perfectly perfect, even better than the window display of our local one. I suspect Wallingford to be a great place for Halloween. In any case, happy countdown everyone and watch this space.

7 comments:

Iris Flavia said...

Looking forward to learn more - I have The Simpsons ttttodayyyy.....

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I went to Home Sense yesterday and browsed through their Halloween decor. They have classy stuff there.

Diana said...

Funny that a charity shop window is what gets the season going, but they often put more effort in than the big stores. Halloween was never much of a thing where I grew up in the Netherlands, my daughter in New York makes up for that though. Looking forward to the scary stories this month.

Caffeinated Joe said...

All decorated here, FearFest on TV. Let the month begin!

Lady M said...

What a fun display. Did you buy anything?

Mary Kirkland said...

Happy 1st day of Halloween month.

Deadpan Flook said...

Charity shops are starting the charge towards Halloween here first up here too! Seen some great displays so far....anyway, have a great Countdown!!