Saturday 29 June 2024

An autumnal vibe

 So we had a bit of a heatwave, or almost. A few days ago was the hottest day in the year. I found it very difficult: I was too hot, uncomfortable, I felt miserable. Then the temperature dramatically dropped, in the lower 20s, and it should remain like this for a week or so. Maximums might even go slightly below 20. And, probably it is wishful thinking from my part and I know this is very early still in summertime, but all the same: sometimes it feels like autumn is waiting at the door. Particularly when the wind is blowing. There is a smell in the air, a certain feel, that is simply not the one you would expect during summertime. There is something autumnal in the air. I know it will not last, but I don't care, I will enjoy it for all it's worth. I am in an autumnal mood.

3 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

We've barely gotten above 25 here in Alberta so far -- a cool summer to date. That may change in July, I don't know.

Alison said...

I enjoyed our few days of hot weather. The climate is all over the place these days so anything that feels like it should ie: seasonal, is good by me.

jaz@octoberfarm said...

i would die to have your weather right now. this summer is breaking records daily for how hot it is. i hate it.