Wednesday, 2 September 2026

September 1936 (a crime fiction post)

You may remember that a few months ago, I rewatched The Sting, one of my favourite crime movies and probably my favourite heist film of all time. I'd say it might be the greatest heist film of all time. But I digress. Every time I rewatch an old classic I love, I try to pay attention to things I had not noticed before. I posted about one of these details back in May. Something else struck me on my last viewing: The Sting starts in September 1936. So it's a movie set in autumn. And it struck me that it had a very September, autumnal atmosphere through and through. For those who don't like horror but love crime fiction, this could be a film to watch in autumn.

1 comment:

Bill said...

I've seen the movie years ago probably when it first came out. Great movie and actors.