Blogue d'un québécois expatrié en Angleterre. Comme toute forme d'autobiographie est constituée d'une large part de fiction, j'ai décidé de nommer le blogue Vraie Fiction.
Thursday, 20 August 2026
H.P. Lovecraft and Cosmic Horror
Today is an important date in my countdown to Halloween. Because yes, it has started. It's a benchmark, because it is the birthday of horror writer H.P. Lovecraft. I discovered him thanks to the role-playing game Call of Cthulhu, inspired by his writing. I used to play it a lot, and read Lovecraft so I could draw inspiration for the campaign I was doing. You can read about my first reading experience of Lovecraft in this post. Today, I will try to make time to revisit some of his stories and maybe discover new ones. And you, do you know Lovecraft? Have you played Call of Cthulhu?

Enjoy your favourite season!
ReplyDeleteI've heard of Lovecraft but haven't read anything by him.
ReplyDelete