Today is the last day of school for Wolfie. Actually, it's only a half day: we are picking him up straight after lunch. So he is now on holiday. First, I want to get two observations out of the way: 1)school breaks way too late in this country. I mean, late(ish) July, really? That's at least two weeks too long. It also means that the gap between the beginning of the holidays and the new school year is very short. 2)I say all this this, but time goes way too fast. As for every end of school year, I am bittersweet about today: it means I will spend a lot of time with my boy, yet it also means he is growing up. I will try to keep him entertained every day. When I was his age, I had lots of things to look forward to during the holidays: the family pool, lots of free time reading, etc. I am very conscious that we are building his own childhood memories. No pressure.
July is late for school to close for the summer, it is June here.
ReplyDelete