So I blogged last month about Man on Fire. It's a Netflix spy thriller series freely adapted from a novel by A.J. Quinnell. The book was also made into a movie about twenty years ago. Anyway, I finished watching the series and, while I don't think it's the greatest TV series of its genre, I was thoroughly entertained and it was solid. And I suspect (and hope) there will be more of it. Like many spy thrillers based on a novel, they decided to carry on the story when the source material finishes. Man on Fire ends with a sequel hook. So I guess if the series is a success (I have no idea how popular it is, streaming can be tricky), there will be more seasons commissioned. I sure hope so.
I know of the movie Man on Fire, with Denzel Washington, but had no idea it was also a series.
ReplyDeleteI haven't watched the series but as the above commenter said, I've watched the Denzel Washingtom movie of the same name.
ReplyDeleteI will have to see if we have that serie available on Netflix here. I have spent the last couple weeks watching Silo again in preparation for the last season. Have you seen it? Such a great show (also based on a book). Cheers. ~Nessa
ReplyDelete