Wednesday, 29 July 2026

Buck Moon

Here is a bit of news: today is the full moon, the Buck Moon as I learned the July full moon is called, thanks to this BBC article. Named after the male deer, apparently. It's a really cool name for a full moon. Anyway, I love watching a good full moon, so this evening I might go out and take a look. Hopefully it will not be too light outside and it will not be too hot. Anyway, I suggest you read the article I shared for more information.

5 comments:

  1. Here for sure light pollution will kill the fun.
    Ha! I understood your zoo-article without a translator. It´s good to practice once in a while...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The full moon is shining, big and round, through my windows as I write this. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, the Buck Moon! And right on time for tonight. There is something so wild and primal about that name, imagining bucks out in the woods with their antlers in full, velvety growth right in the thick of summer. I am right there with you on hoping the heat finally breaks a fraction by tonight, too. Standing outside in this summer soup just to look at the sky can sometimes feel like a real endurance test, but a gorgeous full moon is usually worth melting a little bit for.

    I hope you get a totally clear view of it tonight, and that you manage to dodge the mosquitoes while you're out there admiring it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like to look at the full moon when it happens too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how they name the different full moons everything month. Are you excited about next month full eclipse? Here in Chicago we will not see it this time. ~Nessa

    ReplyDelete