Friday 23 February 2018

Rustic sticky toffee pudding

My readership knows my obsession about sticky toffee puddings, which I ended up giving to my whole family. A few weeks ago, when I went to The Frog, the charming little pub in the village of Skirmett, this is what I had for dessert. It's now almost a given that it will be my dessert of choice. I am always on the lookout for the best one. I am not sure if the pudding from The Frog was the best, but it was lovely in its simplicity: thick, hearty, devoid of custard or ice cream or whipped cream, or anything distracting. It was, in essence, an essential, bare, rustic if you will, sticky toffee pudding. Just the way they should always be.

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

This addiction of yours is going to rot the teeth right out of your head, you know. I love sweet things too but sticky toffee pudding is TOO sweet for me!