Tuesday 20 February 2018

Have a Kit Kat (with peanut butter!)

Sometimes there are weird things that just work. Take the traditional Kit Kat bar for instance: it's a biscuit bar disguised as a chocolate bar and it's a good enough dessert and a delicious if not very filling snack. My wife loves them, I like them. But they introduced a number of variants to the bar, among them, the Kit Kat with peanut butter. As my readers know, I have during weekdays a bit of a beaver's diet: to get through my working days, I need some food that gives me endorphin and energy. Thus, I need something sugar. This specific variety gives a bit more energy, thanks to the peanut butter. And it even tastes just right, to my great surprise. I love peanut butter, but I am always skeptical to add it to a dessert or indeed anything sweet. This time, it worked, it even gives a smoothness which the normal Kit Kat is devoid of. It may not be my favourite chocolate bar, but I will have it from time to time when I need an energy boost.

3 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I don't think we have those yet here in Canada? The only variant on the regular Kit Kats that I've seen is dark chocolate Kit Kats, I think.

jaz@octoberfarm said...

asia has cornered the market on varieties of kit kats. we don't have the peanut butter ones here either.

PJ said...

Une Kit Kat "Chunky", variation de saveur ou pas, ça vaut pas une Coffee Crisp.