Wednesday 13 December 2017

Apple chutney

Two years ago, my mother-in-law decided to do chutney. I don't know if she makes them still, but anyway, she decided to prepare two jars of chutney for us, one was tomato, onion and something, I think grapes or raisin, the other was an apple chutney, which tasted just as good as it looked and I was so impressed that I took a picture of the apple one, thinking to blog about it later. It took me two years and a Facebook Memory to remind me that I had not done it yet. I felt really spoiled. Not that I am a particular fan of chutney, but I do like it sometimes with a roast or with cheese, and this one was really, really good. And home made. I just find admirable all the craft and patience needed to do anything homemade and touching that she thought of spoiling us like that. For all these reasons, this chutney deserved a post. It was long overdue.

2 comments:

jaz@octoberfarm said...

oh i just love making chutney. i am having a new year's day open house and will be making a huge charcuterie and cheese platter so i will be making lots of chutney.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Did your mother in law never make it again? It looks and sounds delicious. I love a good fruit-based chutney.