Thursday 21 September 2017

Poltergeist?

No, no, I am not talking about the movie (one of the first horror movies I saw) but about the phenomenon. Although it really reminded me of the movie. This anecdote could be part of my countdown to Halloween post. Anyway, yesterday morning, I was brushing my teeth upstairs before going to work, when I heard one of the noisy toys of Wolfie starting to play in the living room downstairs. There was nobody downstairs to trigger the darn thing. Thankfully my wife and son did not wake up and I turned off the toy. Now for the record, I do not believe for a second that there were ghosts or that the toy was turned on by any kind of supernatural or paranormal force, but nevertheless it reminded me of Poltergeist.

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Spoooooooooooooky!

Pik-Cor said...

Yeah, I had a moment the other day while down in the basement. I could hear the water running in the pipes, like someone was in the shower or had just flushed the toilet, but I was alone in the house. Then I remembered I had turned on the dishwasher. Whew!

Have you seen The Changeling with George C Scott? Scariest moment in that movie is when a ball just randomly starts bouncing down the stairs. You can see that moment on Youtube here...

https://youtu.be/uaPLQidZub4