Wednesday 16 August 2017

The Second Cup in... Cardiff

Yes, you've read this title well. There is a Second Cup in Cardiff. That was the most unexpected discovery we've made during our time in the city. We had just gone out of the hotel, we were walking around, and there it was. Apparently, Second Cup is trying to expand in the UK. They even have their own website. To be honest, I am a skeptical. In a highly competitive market, what does Second Cup have that stands out? Here they have a maple leaf to be more exotic, but it's hardly enough. All the same, the staff was friendly and my wife likes Second Cup quite a lot since her first time in Montreal.

3 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I like Second Cup much, MUCH better than Starbucks. On the other hand, it's no Tim Hortons. Time will tell if it succeeds iin the UK. I think Timmie's is trying to expand there too. Keep your eyes peeled!

Guillaume said...

I avoid Tim Hortons like the plague. For me it's a glorified doughnuts counter. And they are not truly daily fresh doughnuts, whatever they claim in their adverts. Adverts which are abysmally stupid. Nope, I don't miss Tim Hortons one bit and would not go there if it was opening nearby.

Magic Love Crow said...

I love Second Cup!! I have to admit, I did love Tim Hortons, but when it was bought out by the American company that owns Burger King, they have changed! I haven't went to a Tim Hortons now in over 2 years!