Wednesday 26 July 2017

A ghost pub

In North America, there are ghost towns, but here in the UK there are also ghost pubs. Which is a very sad sight indeed. Anyway, near my former working place, there was a pub near the station. A few meters away, it was taking you less than five minutes to get there. I blogged about it a few times. It was a typical pub near a train station: bare, run down and overall rough. From my experience, many pubs near train stations are rough. But sometimes when trains ran late or we'd finished early, I had a drink there and it was enjoyable enough. And then, a few months ago, it just shut down.

I don't know the reasons, it surprised me as I'd thought it would be a relatively successful place, taking a lot of the evening commuters and being the only pub in the neighbourhood. If the pub looked rough when it had staff and customers in it, it looks downright sinister like this, even on a sunny day, like when I took these pictures. The pub really does look haunted. And that it had been closed for decades. It would make a great settings for a ghost story. That is in fact what this pub might need: a ghost. And a scary story about the ghost, which would maybe explain the whole shutting down business. I am getting into a Halloween mood just thinking about it. If only I had time to think of something to write.

1 comment:

Veggie Carrie said...

I think there is a ghost in the window.... Spooky!