Tuesday 25 April 2017

The £10 book voucher

So I recently turned 40. To celebrate such important date and to maybe to make me forget I had reached such age, I received many nice gifts. They will I hope be the subject of other posts. The one I want to blog about tonight is the one the mother of Blonde Tickler: a ten pounds gift voucher to be spent in the local bookshop. It may sound silly, but I was quite moved. This family know me so well. The very next day, I went to the bookshop, where I am now very much known, and bought... For about £27 of books. I still saved ten. And I was not selfish: two books were for me, but one for Wolfie and one for my wife and I. And I encouraged a local business, so it was also my good deed for the day.

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Nice gift! Old people enjoy reading.