Saturday 25 March 2017

Farewell to the Italian shop

Sad news: the Italian food shop which I love so much is closing this weekend. My wife told me this yesterday after she walked pass it, there were signs about closing down discounts. So I made sure I went there today for one last visit and for a few purchases. I was devastated. The owners told me their greedy landlord had basically asked his pound of flesh and increased the rent, effectively forcing them to close within a week's notice. Infuriating. It was a short lived adventure, the shop having been here only since December 2015, but I had quickly grown fond of it, the friendly staff and their products. Many were a bit pricey, but never to the point of being out of my budget. I made some great discoveries there, which I will try to blog about in the upcoming weeks, as a sort of eulogy. And I could exercise my Italian a bit, which I did one last time. I am going to miss it.

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Oh, too bad! I know you'll miss them.

Magic Love Crow said...

That's so sad!!