Saturday 15 October 2016

Spooky minded child

This is tonight's countdown to Halloween post. I know I do not blog as often this October as I used to, because obviously I am adjusting to my life as a new father. And having a baby means receiving a lot of attention from family and friends. So we had two visitors today who came to see Wolfie: my wife's former colleague in her old job and her son of three and a half. He is a sweet sociable boy, very chatty, who seemed to like our baby, but was maybe more interested about Domino, the scarecrows we have in the garden and... the Halloween decorations. He asked me loads about them and got fascinated by the old skeleton mask I had bought years ago, with the skeleton gloves that came with it. So he spent half his time wearing this huge mask and playing the child skeleton with an overgrown skull. His mother observed that children love to be scared for fun. This is absolutely true, especially of this one. When it was time for them to leave, he said: "but I don't want to go!" because he loved the place so much. So I think I have found a Halloween disciple.

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Glad to read that you are converting England one kid at a time, Agent 13.