Thursday 7 April 2016

A nickname revisited?

As you may know if you have been reading this blog for a while, my Krav Maga instructor rechristened me Guilly, because he cannot pronounce Guillaume. I mentioned it here. Guilly is not a great warrior name and for such a violent self-defense discipline it is downright pathetic. But I remembered recently that it is actually very close to an old nickname I had during my time in cégep: Guili Guili, which means in French "tickle, tickle". A lousy word play on my name. I had many others and this one was not the main one, nevertheless I thought it was a funny coincidence that I have been tagged such a similar nickname. Given that I can be ticklish, this actually may be a fitting nickname.

1 comment:

Nellie said...

I think those young ones you sometimes see when visiting your friends must know that translation!

The book by Susan Branch isn't a cookbook, though she has written several of those. The most recent is the middle of a three volume set. She wrote the third one first, then the first, now the second. They are autobiographical and really liked by those of us who are her fans.

Thank you for your visits and comments to my blog. I've neglected it terribly!