Monday 22 February 2016

Missing old English pubs


This picture was taken at the King's Head in Marlow (Little Marlow to be precise). It is an old fashioned pub, kind of rustic and a great place to go to on a cold gloomy day or evening. This picture was taken almost exactly a year ago, when we went there the last time. It does not give the place justice at all. The pub is a 16th century building and could easily be featured in The Lord of the Rings. It struck me tonight that I have not set the foot in a pub for weeks, if not months. And I cannot remember for the life of me when was the last time I had a pint of real ale from a local brewery in an old rustic atmospheric pub like this one. And I think a visit to one of them is long overdue. So I will try to find one to visit during the weekend.

2 comments:

Rustic Pumpkin said...

The Nazgul could be storming by at any moment! Look forward to hearing about your weekend discovery.

jaz@octoberfarm said...

i love places like this!