Thursday 12 November 2015

What're your books for November?

I recently received a promotional email from Waterstone's, advertising their "books of the month". Not surprisingly, there are a few Christmas titles among them. November is, for shops, just a pre-Christmas holiday period. It might be the case for me too actually. All the same, I prefer not to get too early in the Christmas spirit. I read crime fiction all year round, so it make no surprise that I read them in November too. But this particular month, reading crime fiction is special, because I am returning to the genre after about two months and a half of reading horror stories (because of Halloween and all). So I kick start the month with a crime novel. This year was no exception: it was The Power-House by John Buchan (although you could also say it's a spy thriller, but it's close enough). I also have a few true crimes books that I usually read in November. But there is also other things I read at the moment, which I should blog about another time. So what are your books for November?

3 comments:

Nellie said...

Oh, my! I have never been a fan of horror stories or crime fiction, so I'll leave all of those to you! Next on my list to read is "The End of Your Life Book Club."

Ms Misantropia said...

I have been so bad at reading lately, partly because I have been reading linguistics books for school instead. But I won a giveaway and have two books headed my way very soon. I think one of them was Charlaine Harris's new one.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

At the moment, I'm reading the second book in the Game of Thrones saga. This month I also finished a collection of short stories by Alice Munro that I've been beavering away at since the summer.