Sunday 19 July 2015

A time for flying kites?

They were forecasting heavy rains at some point today, but it never came. It was/it is sunny and windy, sunny enough to be warm, but not to the point of making the temperature unbearable. Especially with the breeze, which made it all the more enjoyable to be outside. Sometimes it might even have been windy enough to fly a kite. When I was a child, my father used to fly a kite with us on a windy days. He had two kites actually. One was big and heavy for a kite, with a thick, massive wire, that was just flying up, not doing much but that, and another one with two wires, smaller, more manoeuvrable, able to move in different positions and do acrobatics. I loved both in different ways. On windy days, I often miss the kites and wish I had one to fly.

No comments: