Wednesday 27 May 2015

Krav Maga Time


So I am back from my Krav Maga class. This time (exceptionally?), and don't ask me why, but it lasted two hours. And, while I am in moderate pain now, I didn't see the time. I didn't even feel the hunger until I got home. I thought I would find the class tonight very long, because I had a tiresome day at work and had slept badly the night before. I couldn't believe that I could go through an hour, let alone two. I always go in with a bit of anxiety, as if I wonder if I will survive the class. Then it goes like a charm (well, with a few bruises and a bit of pain). It really makes me look forward to Wednesdays. It is no longer the day in the week I dread the most.

So anyway, I must be doing something right, as the instructor told me that I did very good last week and I have "started to think". It seems that I am starting to trust my instincts more. I know I am also gaining strength and stamina. That I can actually feel in my body. With the pain. At 38, that is a strange feeling. Speaking of age, I also have to mention that yesterday was the birthday of Imi Lichtenfeld, the founder of Krav Maga. And I will conclude this post mentioning the picture accompanying it. It is a picture of the banner that made me discover that they were giving classes of the Israeli martial art here. I mentioned it in my first post on the subject. I took the photo to remind myself to contact the organization. Then I thought it would make a great banner for this very post. Funny how, in an age of internet and social medias, a good old fashioned advertisement banner can make you discover something.

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Sounds like you're getting better each session -- good work!

And thanks for your comment on my karaoke post -- I'll take my 5 minutes of glory, LOL, I'm not proud!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I enjoyed the link you posted for the karaoke song -- thank goodness it had the lyrics so I could follow (most of) it! Very catchy!