Thursday 16 April 2015

The bat box

No, this is not a Batman gadget (and although Batman is my favourite superhero I always thought his gadgets had such stupid names). It is a house for bats, bought by my father-in-law to give a proper home to the bats that dwell in his garden and sometimes under his roof. You can read more about bat boxes here. We have bats here too, I consider them neighbours, although very elusive ones. I wish we could place bat boxes here too, maybe the bats would not be so elusive. I mentioned a number of times on this blog why I love bats: its popular association with vampires and of course Batman and because they are shy creatures of the night that bring character to a garden. So I really wish we could have a bat box or two here.

1 comment:

jaz@octoberfarm said...

i had a bat box until it fell down. at dusk you can see bats swooping down to my pool to take a drink.